||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ba Denian (Chinese: 巴德年; pinyin: Bā Dénián born 27 October 1938) is a notable Chinese immunologist, physician and educator. He retired from his last position as Dean of Zhejiang University School of Medicine and accepted the position as Honorary Director of Zhejiang University Health Science Center.
Ba, of Manchu descent, was born in Siping, Jilin Province on 27 Oct 1938. In 1962, Ba graduated from the Harbin Medical University. In 1967, Ba received his master's degree from the Beijing Medical University (later merged into Peking University and became its medical school). In 1982, Ba obtained PhD from Hokkaido University in Japan.
Ba is a specialist in tumor immunology. He discovered the natural thymocytotoxic autoantibody. Ba also proposed a theory to illustrate the relationship between some abnormal immune functions and the hypertension.
- Former President, Chinese Academy of Medicine
- Former President, Peking Union Medical College
- Vice-president, Chinese Medical Association
- Honorary President, Chinese Immunological Society
- Honorary Director-general, Chinese Society for Biomedical Engineering
- Dean of Zhejiang University School of Medicine
- Honorary Director, Zhejiang University Health Science Center
- Zhejiang University School of Medicine: Biography of Denian Ba
- PolyU pays tribute to six distinguished Chinese scholars
- Chinese Journal of Cancer Research (Editorial Board)
|This biographical article related to medicine in China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|