||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
He was the Editor and Publisher of India's first film trade magazine, Filmindia, the first edition of which was published in 1935.
He was elected to the Lok Sabha as the Jana Sangh candidate from Shajapur, Madhya Pradesh in 1967.
He was married three times, with his third wife, Sushila Rani Patel, being the most famous. He directed her in a couple of films in the 1940s.
- The rosary and the lamp (1966), Girnar Publications
- Burning words: A critical history of nine years of Nehru's rule from 1947 to 1956 (1956), Sumati Publications
- Grey dust (1949), Sumati Publications
- A blueprint of our defence (1962), Sumati Publications
- Gwalan (1946)
- Draupadi (1944)
- Pardesi Saiyan (1935)
- Bala Joban (1934)
- Maharani (1934)
- Sati Mahananda (सती महानन्दा) (1933)
- Organizer.org Centenary profile
- Movie Talkies listing
- Time Magazine article profiling Film India question answer page by Baburao Patel
- Screen India Profile
|This biography of a publisher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|