||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2008)|
He was the Editor and Publisher of India's first film trade magazine, Filmindia, whose first edition was published on his 31st birthday.
He was elected to Lok Sabha as Jana Sangh candidate from Shajapur, Madhya Pradesh in 1967.
He was married thrice, with the third wife Sushila Rani Patel being the most famous. He directed her in a couple of films in 1940s.
- The rosary and the lamp (1966), Girnar Publications
- Burning words: A critical history of nine years of Nehru's rule from 1947 to 1956 (1956), Sumati Publications
- Grey dust (1949), Sumati Publications
- A blueprint of our defence (1962), Sumati Publications
- Gwalan (1946)
- Draupadi (1944)
- Pardesi Saiyan (1935)
- Bala Joban (1934)
- Maharani (1934)
- Sati Mahananda (सती महानन्दा) (1933)
- Organizer.org Centenary profile
- Movie Talkies listing
- Time Magazine article profiling Film India question answer page by Baburao Patel
- Screen India Profile
|This biography of a publisher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|