|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
A baby announcement or birth announcement is a notice traditionally sent to friends and family by the parents of a baby within the first year of the baby's birth for the primary purpose of alerting friends and family to the birth of the baby. A baby announcement will typically include at least some or all of the following information:
- the baby's name
- one or more pictures of the baby
- the baby's birth date and time
- the baby's birth weight and height
- the location of the baby's birth
- the names of the baby's parents and other family members
- an expression of gratitude by the parents for the arrival of the baby
- an invitation to attend a baby shower for the mother of the baby