|Directed by||Marcus Nispel|
|Screenplay by||Kirsten Elms|
|Story by||Marcus Nispel|
|Music by||Eric Allaman|
Exeter (formerly known as Backmask and released as The Asylum in the UK) is an horror film directed by Marcus Nispel. The film opened overseas[clarification needed] in January 2015 and in the UK at the Glasgow Horror Film Festival in February 2015. The film was released on DVD in the UK on May 7, 2015. Exeter is set to make its US debut in July 2015 on DirecTV and on August 7, 2015, in theaters nationwide.
The movie opens up with a woman’s mysterious suicide. Then clips of the Exeter School of the Feeble Minded are shown, along with an account of the history of the place, its demise and abandon. Presently, the asylum is undergoing renovations under the watchful guidance of a priest named Father Conway (Stephen Lang). Patrick (Kelly Blatz), Father Conway’s protégé, finds himself in big trouble when his friends decide to hold a party at the asylum. After a night of party, sex and booze, Patrick, his brother Rory and five friends learn about the asylum’s dark history when they play a vinyl record backwards. And when they attempt to practice levitation, a series of demonic possessions and paranormal activities ensue and haunt them one by one. 
- Kelly Blatz as Patrick
- Brittany Curran as Reign/Devon
- Brett Dier as Brad
- Gage Golightly as Amber
- Nick Nicotera as Brian Knowles
- Nick Nordella as Drew
- Michael Ormsby as Rory
- Kevin Chapman as Greer
- Stephen Lang as Father Conway
The film was first announced on May 9, 2011. The first images from the set were revealed on June 18, 2012. The screenplay is written by Kirsten Elms, and the make-up effects were carried out by Shaun Smith. Most of the main casting announcements were made on June 1, 2012. On December 10, 2014, Dread Central reported that the title had been changed to Exeter.
- "First Behind-the-Scenes Stills from Marcus Nispel's Backmask". Dread Central. June 18, 2012.
- Fischer, Russ (May 9, 2011). "Marcus Nispel to Direct ‘Backmask’". Slash Film.
- James, Jonathan (June 18, 2012). "Exclusive: First Photos from Backmask".
- "More Casting News Coming in For Marcus Nispel's Backmask". Dread Central. June 1, 2012.
- Squires, John (December 10, 2014). "Marcus Nispel’s Backmask Renamed to Exeter". Dread Central. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
|This article about a 2010s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|