Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up backwash in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The word Backwash may refer to:
- Backwash (physical phenomenon), also known as "swash", the backwards flow of air or water
- Backwash ileitis, the involvement of the terminal part of the ileum in ulcerative colitis, following the ascent of the condition from the rectum
- Backwashing (water treatment), the process of thoroughly cleaning a pool filter pump by reversing the flow of water through it with the dirt and rinse water going to waste
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Backwash (album), a retrospective compilation by the group Talulah Gosh
- "Backwash" (The Wire), a 2003 episode of the HBO television series The Wire
- Backwash squeeze, a type of squeeze play in bridge
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Backwash.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.