This article does not cite any sources. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Baileya (ISSN 0005-4003) is a scientific journal of horticultural taxonomy, published quarterly by the Liberty Hyde Bailey Hortorium (Cornell University). The journal was established in 1953, but is currently inactive. Its name honors the late Liberty Hyde Bailey.
Baileya's first volume was published in March, 1953. Thereafter, volumes 2-15 were published regularly, over consecutive years, from 1954-1967. Volumes 16-26 (26 was the last volume), however, were published irregularly from 1968-1996.
The following articles are representative of Baileya's focus on cultivated plant taxonomy.[according to whom?]
- Moore HE, Jr. 1954. The seersucker plant - Geogenanthus undatus. Baileya 2: 41-45.
- Moore HE, Jr. 1957. Musa and Ensete. The cultivated bananas. Baileya 5: 167-194.
- Egolf DR. 1970. Hibiscus syriacus 'Diana', a new cultivar (Malvaceae). Baileya 17 (2): 75-78.
- Hoshizaki BJ. 1971. The genus Adiantum in cultivation (Polypodiaceae). Baileya 17 (3): 97-144.
- Heiser CB. 1972. Notes on some species of Solanum (Sect. Leptostemonum) in Latin America. Baileya 18 (2): 59-65.
- Hyypio PA. 1973. A note on Syngonanthus elegans(Eriocaulaceae). Baileya 19 (3): 116-117.
- D'Arcy WG, Eshbaugh WH. 1974. New World peppers (Capsicum, Solanaceae) north of Colombia: a resume. Baileya 19: 93-105.
- Heiser CB, Pickersgill B. 1975. Names for the bird peppers (Capsicum - Solanaceae). Baileya 19 (4): 151-156.
- Christie SR, Hall DW. 1979. A new hybrid species of Nicotiana (Solanaceae). Baileya 20 (4): 133 - 136.
- Tucker AO, Hensen KJW. 1985. The cultivars of lavender and lavandin (Labiatae). Baileya 22 (4): 168-177.
- Soreng RJ, Cope EA. 1991. On the taxonomy of cultivated species of the Chrysanthemum genus-complex (Anthemideae : Compositae). Baileya 23 (3): 145-165.
- Whalen MD. 1991. Taxonomy of Saccharum (Poaceae). Baileya 23 (3): 109-125.
|This article about a botany journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.