Bajtek is one of the first popular magazines devoted to computer science in Poland. Its title was an reference to the computer term byte and to the American magazine Byte. The founder was Waldemar Siwiński. The magazine was very well-known in the late 1980s in the country. It was published between 1985 and 1996. The magazine was inspired by the British magazine Your Computer and the American magazine Compute!. The sponsor of Bajtek was Polish Socialist Youth Union which is also known is ZSMP.
- Gerard Alberts; Ruth Oldenziel (3 September 2014). Hacking Europe: From Computer Cultures to Demoscenes. Springer. p. 136. ISBN 978-1-4471-5493-8.
- "Waldemar Siwiński". IREG. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- Fulko de Lorche. "Kultowe gazety - Bajtek 11/1986 - ostatnia puszka". gameplay.pl. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Pixel Heaven 2016 - relacja z imprezy na RetroGraczy - Retro magia" (in Polish). Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Polskie magazyny o grach (odc. 1): Jak to się zaczęło, czyli Bajtek edukuje Polskę". Gamezilla (in Polish). Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- Juliane Fürst; Josie McLellan (13 December 2016). Dropping out of Socialism: The Creation of Alternative Spheres in the Soviet Bloc. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 162. ISBN 978-1-4985-2515-2.