Jump to navigation Jump to search
People with the name Balian include
- Barisan of Ibelin
- Balian of Ibelin, a 12th-century nobleman and crusader, and the protagonist of the 2005 movie Kingdom of Heaven
- Balian Grenier
- Balian of Beirut
- Balian of Arsuf
- Balian Buschbaum (born 1980), German pole vaulter
- Roger Balian, a 20th-century French physicist, author of From Microphysics to Macrophysics and co-creator of the Balian–Low theorem
- Balian, another term for the babaylan shamans of the Philippines
- Balian, Balinese language term for a traditional healer
- Balian–Low theorem, named for Roger Balian and Francis E. Low, the theorem that there is no well-localized window function (or Gabor atom) g either in time or frequency for an exact Gabor frame (Riesz Basis).
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Balian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.