|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2014)|
Balsamiq Studios is an ISV founded in March 2008 by Peldi Guilizzoni, a former Adobe senior software engineer. The web-based Balsamiq mockup tool was launched in June 2008. Balsamiq has 21 employees based in San Francisco, Sacramento, Chicago, Bologna, Paris, and Bremen. In 2011, Balsamiq achieved almost $5 million USD in sales, and $6.4 million USD in 2015.
Balsamiq Mockups is a graphical user interface mockup and website wireframe builder application. It allows the designer to arrange pre-built widgets using a drag-and-drop WYSIWYG editor. The application is offered in a desktop version as well as a plug-in for Google Drive, Confluence and JIRA.
- Website wireframe
- Rapid prototyping
- Rapid Application Development
- Software Prototyping
- User interface design
- Man Writes Software, Blogs About it, Makes $100k in 5 Months, ReadWriteWeb, November 14, 2008
- "Interview with CEO Peldi Guilizzoni about the growth of Balsamiq [Bootstrapped, profitable, and proud]". 37 Signals. 2009-05-09. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- Balsamiq, a Mockup Creator in AIR, is on Fire, ReadWriteWeb, July 30, 2008
- "The Team". Balsamiq Studios, LLC. Archived from the original on 17 July 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- Balsamiq Company Page
- Hicks, Jennifer (2012-02-12). "Italy's Balsamiq Pours Up New Wireframing Tools". Forbes. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "Looking Back at 2015". Balsamiq Studios, LLC. 5 February 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.