Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited
The logo used by BSCCL
|Products||Telecommunications services, Submarine cable operator|
|Owner||Government of Bangladesh|
Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited (BSCCL) is a fiber optic submarine cable telecommunications company and telecommunications service provider (IIG and ISP) based in Bangladesh. Emerging in July 2008 BSCCL presently handles Bangladesh's two submarine cables as a member of the SEA-ME-WE 4 and SEA-ME-WE 5 international submarine cable consortiums. SEA-ME-WE4 cable runs a total length of 20,000 km through 17 landing points in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia, Italy, Algeria and France.
It is also a party of the new submarine cable under the SEA-ME-WE-5 consortium and the company's new station has been built in Kuakata, Patuakhali. Its main office is located at Dhaka.
Presently, BSCCL is providing submarine cable bandwidth for different routes and different capacities to the International Internet Gateway (IIG) and large corporate clients in Bangladesh. It has also got the license for IIG and ISP operations in Bangladesh.
- "Article: State-owned BSCCL keen to run new cable link.(NEW CABLES)". Submarine Fiber Optic Communications. January 1, 2009. Archived from the original on November 3, 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- "BTTB, BSCCL turned into public ltd cos". The New Nation. 1 July 2008. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- "Kuakata Submarine Cable". Banglanews24.com.
- "Bangladesh Connects with second Submarine Cable". Risingbd.com.
- "2nd submarine cable connected: BSCCL". The Independent. Dhaka.
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Bangladesh-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|