|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Products||Medigap Policies, Long Term Care Insurance, Home Health Care Insurance, Short Term Care Insurance, Life Insurance, and Annuities|
|Parent||CNO Financial Group|
|Slogan||"For the Life of Your Retirement."|
Bankers Life is an insurance company focused on the insurance needs of the retirement market. Established in 1879 in Chicago, Bankers Life, is a subsidiary of CNO Financial Group, Inc. (itself formerly Conseco), a nationwide company that offers a broad portfolio of life and health insurance retirement products designed especially for seniors.
Bankers Life has 1.4 million policyholders and offers a variety of insurance products including long-term care and life insurance, annuities, Medicare products including supplement plans, Medicare Advantage Plans and Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage and critical illness/specified disease insurance.
Bankers Life sells its products through a network of over 5,000 insurance agents based in over 275 nationwide offices.
John D. MacArthur bought Bankers Life in 1935, and continued to develop it until his death in 1978. Upon his death, control of the company passed to the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, a major charitable institution in the U.S. The foundation later sold Bankers Life.
Today, Bankers is a subsidiary of CNO Financial Group, a holding company for a group of insurance companies operating throughout the United States.
As of 2012, Bankers has $14.5 billion in assets under management. In 2012, Bankers processed more than 8.5 million claims and paid out more than $1.3 billion in policy benefits.
Bankers Life Center for a Secure Retirement conducts studies and consumer awareness campaigns to provide insight and practical advice for how everyday Americans can achieve financial security during retirement. U.S. News and World Report referenced a recent study conducted by Bankers Life in an article titled "A Dozen Big Changes in Perceptions About Retirement." The Bankers study, titled "Middle-Income Boomers, Financial Security and the New Retirement," found that nearly 3 of every 4 middle-income Baby Boomers are rethinking their retirement date, and of these, 79% are delaying their retirement by an average of five years.
Bankers is a national sponsor of the Alzheimer's Association. Since 2003, the company has organized Forget Me Not Days, its annual nationwide fundraising campaign to collect donations for the Alzheimer's Association and raise public awareness of the disease. Bankers Life opened its annual 2015 Forget Me Not Days with "Alzheimer's Awareness Night" at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, in Indianapolis, Indiana on April 12th, 2015. In 2014, Bankers Life collected and donated over $436,000 on behalf of the Alzheimer's Association. The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
In 2012, Bankers contributed $420,000 to support the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association through the fundraiser and a separate corporate donation, up from $386,000 in 2011. Since 2003, Bankers has supported the Association with more than $2.9 million for care, education and research programs.
Bankers also supports Meals on Wheels Chicago. In 2010, the company made a $20,000 donation to aid Meals on Wheels Chicago. Since 2004, Bankers has transferred $230,000 to Meals on Wheels Chicago for programs, services and fundraising initiatives.
Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- “Bankers Life to Offer Humana Dental and Vision Plans Through Bankers' Career Agents." Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20110516-905928.html.
- Bankers Life Center for a Secure Retirement: http://www.centerforasecureretirement.com
- Moeller, Philip (2011-05-23). "A Dozen Big Changes in Perceptions About Retirement". U.S. News and World Report. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "Bankers Life Planting Seeds of Hope for Alzheimer's Research". CNO Financial Group. CNO Financial Group. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- Bankers Life Increases Forget Me Not Total” National Underwriter: http://www.lifeandhealthinsurancenews.com/News/2011/7/Pages/Bankers-Life-Increases-Forget-Me-Not-Total.aspx
- “Bankers Life Increases Alzheimer's Association Support to $338,000”, ref>Bankers Life Increases Alzheimer's Association Support to $386,000; Street Donations Grow By 20%” http://cno.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=450
- Bell, Allison. "Good Works: MDRT, Sun Life, Allstate, Bankers Life, FBL, Prudential." National Underwriter: http://www.lifeandhealthinsurancenews.com/News/2010/11/Pages/Good-Works.aspx
- “Conseco Fieldhouse Renamed Bankers Life Fieldhouse." Pacers Sports & Entertainment: http://www.bankerslifefieldhouse.com/news/conseco_fieldhouse_renamed_bankers_life_fieldhouse/.