BankLink is an accounting service used by more than 325,000 small businesses for their GST and end of year tax in Australia and New Zealand. BankLink is available to businesses through their accountant.
The BankLink service electronically delivers bank transaction data from more than 100 participating banks and other financial institutions directly to the accountant. BankLink software is then used by the accountant to automatically code as many transactions as possible. The accountant can then find out from the client the nature of any uncoded transactions using one of BankLink's electronic reports including an online service. This coded data is then used to prepare management reports and various other reports used for tax compliance purposes.
BankLink started its business in 1986. It remains a privately owned business and is based in Auckland, New Zealand. The BankLink service is now used by more than 1,300 accounting practices in New Zealand and 3,400 in Australia. BankLink launched in the United Kingdom in 2011. In 2012 BankLink and MYOB announced a strategic partnership in which BankLink will provide bank data to be used in MYOB's accounting products. On 14 May 2013 it was announced that MYOB has agreed to buy the New Zealand and Australian business of BankLink effective June 2013.
- "BankLink saves businesses time and effort - Business - NZ Herald News". Nzherald.co.nz. 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "MYOB And Banklink Announce Strategic Partnership | Scoop News". Scoop.co.nz. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- Official website - Australia
- Official website - New Zealand
- Official website - United Kingdom
- Official website - MYOB Australia
- Official website - MYOB New Zealand
|This bank and insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|