This article does not cite any sources. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Kansas City, Kansas, United States|
|Genres||Heavy metal, power metal, glam metal, hard rock, glam rock|
|Years active||1985–1993, 1999-2000, 2008-present|
|Labels||Metal Blade, Atlantic,|
Vinnie E. Parma
|Past members||Tyson Leslie
Tommy Lee Flood
Mika Kazuo Horiuchi
Banshee is a metal band that was formed in 1986 in the American Midwest. Although they shared the image and sound with the glam/metal scene of the 80s, their music fully shares the elements of melodic power metal: catchy guitar riffs, eclectic drums and bass, powerful guitar solos, and intense vocals.
Banshee, a melodic power metal band from the Midwest, was formed in the spring of 1986. Made up of members from the popular Mid-West touring act LICK (Tommy Lee & Chuck Hopkins), Terry Dunn of Kansas City-based FRODO, GRANMAX, and Kent Burnham from Kansas City-based CRYPT KEEPER. By the fall of 1986, they released their first EP entitled Cry in the Night. Hopkins left shortly thereafter to pursue other projects in L.A. and was replaced by local Kansas City bassist Bill Westfall.
In 1988, Metal Blade Records re-released Cry In The Night and included the song "We Want You" on a compilation record, Metal Massacre No. 9.
Later that year, the band released their first full-length album, Race Against Time, on Atlantic Records' Titanium label, although their relationship was brief.
In 1992, the band self-released their second full-length album, Take 'Em By Storm, with members separating shortly thereafter.
Reunion shows were played in 1999, 2000, and later in 2008. In 2008, a deal was negotiated with BlastZone Entertainment Group to provide worldwide distribution for a digitally remastered Take 'Em By Storm and saw distribution reach on Amazon.com, iTunes, and Wal-Mart, with the re-release of the other albums following.
In 2012, the band released their fourth studio album Mindslave on Snowblind Records. The album featured vocalist George Call (ASKA, Violent Storm, Omen), original bassist Chuck Hopkins, and drummer Marty Schiermann. In June 2012 in preparation for the upcoming tour, Hopkins and Schiermann were both unable to tour with the band and Mika Horiuchi (ex-Falling In Reverse and Celador) from Los Angeles, California stepped up on bass, while Vinnie E. Parma from Dallas, Texas took the role of drums.
- Terry Dunn – Guitars (1985-1993, 1999-2000, 2008-Present)
- George Call – Vocals (2011-Present)
- Vinnie E. Parma - Drums (2012-Present)
- Kent Burnham – Drums, Percussion (1985-1993, 1999-2000, 2008)
- Tommy Lee Flood – Vocals (1985-1993, 1999-2000, 2008-2009)
- Chuck Hopkins - Bass (1985-1986)
- Bill Westfall - Bass (1986-1993, 1999-2000, 2014-2015)
- Tyson Leslie – Bass (2008 Rocklahoma Reunion Concert)
- Marty Schiermann - Drums (2011-2012 Mindslave Sessions)
- Mika Kazuo Horiuchi - Bass (2012 Tour)
- Cry In The Night (1986)
- Race Against Time (1989)
- Take 'Em By Storm (1992)
- Mindslave (2012)
- Official Web site: http://www.bansheerocks.com
- Reviews: https://web.archive.org/web/20090609205828/http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/banshee/race.shtml
- Discography: http://www.tunecore.com/music/banshee