||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Barbara Tucker|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York|
|Labels||Defected Records & Positiva|
Barbara Tucker (Brooklyn, New York) is an African American house and soul singer, songwriter and choreographer. Her music has influenced mainstream and dance music across the United States and throughout Europe. Tucker had six #1 hits on the US Hot Dance Club Songs chart in the 1990s and into the 2000s, and several hits in the UK.
Raised in Brooklyn, New York, Barbara started singing through her entertainer father, Jayotis Washington of the group, The Persuasions. As an actress, Barbara has performed in various off-Broadway plays and received the "T.O.R." award through the American Theater for actors for 'most promising actress with distinguishing artiste'. She has choreographed and danced for various dance artist such as C&C Music Factory, Soul System, Jay Williams, and Deee-Lite. She also choreographed the first Club Music Award show and is choreographer for the Underground Network dancers. She has been managed by celebrity and sports manager Glenn Toby.
Barbara has recorded with and sang background vocals for artists like Deee-Lite and George Clinton. She has had many underground tunes such as 'Set It Off', 'Black Delilah Dee', 'Open Your Heart' and she was featured on 'Unity'. In her ongoing career as a singer of soulful house, she has collaborated with such house music producers as David Guetta and Blaze. She is signed to the production team Masters At Work (Little Louie Vega & Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez) which brought forth such tunes as "Deep Inside", "Beautiful People", "I Get Lifted", "Stay Together" and "Stop Playing With My Mind".
Tucker is the only recording artist to have had a yearly residency at Europe’s clubbing mecca, Ibiza. In December 2016, Billboard magazine ranked her as the 63rd most successful dance artist of all-time.
- 1994: "Beautiful People" - #1 US Hot Dance Club Songs; #20 US Hot Dance Music Maxi; #23 UK
- 1994: "I Get Lifted" - #1 US Hot Dance Club Songs; #33 UK
- 1995: "Stay Together" - #1 US Hot Dance Club Songs; #9 US Hot Dance Singles Sales; #46 UK
- 1996: "Keep on Lovin'You"
- 1997: "Bring You Love"
- 1998: "Everybody Dance (The Horn Song)" - #1 US Hot Dance Club Songs; #37 US Hot Dance Singles Sales; #28 UK
- 2000: "Stop Playing With My Mind" (Barbara Tucker featuring Darryl D'Bonneau) - #1 US Hot Dance Club Songs; #25 US Hot Dance Singles Sales; #17 UK
- 2001: "Love's On Time"
- 2003: "Let Me Be"
- 2005: "You Want Me Back"
- 2005: "Most Precious Love" (Blaze presents Uda featuring Barbara Tucker) - #44 UK
- 2006: "Most Precious Love" (Blaze featuring Barbara Tucker) (Freemasons Remix) - #17 UK
- 2007: "Love Vibrations" - #1 Hot Dance Club Songs
- 2008: "One" with (Peter Luts)
- 2009: "Care Free"
- 2009: "Feelin' like a Superstar"
- 2015: "Live your Life" Dj Federico Scavo
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 568. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Everyhit.com Archived October 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Charts & Awards / Billboard Singles". Allmusic.com. Retrieved February 22, 2011.