Bark! The Musical
|BARK! The Musical|
Original Cast Recording Artwork.
|Music||David Troy Francis|
|Lyrics||Gavin Geoffrey Dillard and Robert Schrock|
|Productions||Los Angeles World Premiere|
BARK! The Musical is a musical with music by David Troy Francis and lyrics by Gavin Geoffrey Dillard and Robert Schrock (with additional lyrics by Mark Winkler). The book is by Mark Winkler and Gavin Geoffrey Dillard.
BARK! explores one day in the lives of six dogs in Deena's Doggie Daycare. These dogs include a little puppy who yearns to bark like a real dog, an opera singing poodle, and a street mutt who raps and sometimes cross dresses as a chihuahua. The entire show is presented from a dog’s point of view.
BARK! made its world premiere in Los Angeles at The Coast Playhouse in 2004. The show received rave reviews including Critic’s Choice from the Los Angeles Times. The show ran for two years and became the third longest running show in Los Angeles history. The show received nominations for Best Musical Score & Best Choreography from the prestigious LA Critics’ Drama Circle Awards. Bark! received critic's pick designation from the Chicago Tribune and played for seven months at The Chicago Center for the Performing Arts. The show has since enjoyed productions in Illinois, Oregon, Tennessee, Arizona, California, Florida, Washington, North Carolina, etc., and had its first international production in Brazil in Portueguese. BARK! has enjoyed an absolutely amazing history of both critical and financial success.
World premiere cast
Additional production aspects
BARK! partners with local animal charitable organizations to help raise funds for those groups and to date has enabled them to raise over $250,000. At performances, local adoption and rescue agencies have set up in the lobby outside of the theatre with photographs of adoptable dogs available in the area, in hopes of finding them homes.
BARK! The Musical: Original Cast Recording (LA World Premiere Cast) was recorded, mixed and mastered by engineer Randall Tobin at Theta Sound Studio in Burbank, California.
Music composed by David Troy Francis. Lyrics by Gavin Geoffrey Dillard, Robert Schrock, Mark Winkler, Jonathan Heath and Danny Lukic.
Vocals: Lauri Johnson (Molly), Ginny McMath (Boo), Katherine von Till (Chanel), Robert Alan Clink (Chester), Joshua Finkel (Ben), Joe Souza (Charlie). Backup vocals: Emily Kosloski and Dan Morris.
Musical Conductor/Keyboards - Chris Lavely; Keyboards: William V. Malpede, David Troy Francis; Percussion: Matt Mayhall.
Orchestrations by William V. Malpede and Dan Morris.
- Martinez, Julio; Martinez, Julio (22 September 2004). "Bark!".
- "BARK! The Musical". BARK! The Musical. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Desk, BWW News. "CLOSBC's BARK!, THE MUSICAL Closes Feb. 28". BroadwayWorld.com.
- "Bark! The Musical - Los Angeles - reviews, cast and info". TheaterMania.
- Tribune, Tony Adler, Special to the. "Pet project turns into a musical called `Bark!'". chicagotribune.com.
- "BARK! The Musical Productions". Barkthemusical.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Desk, BWW News. "BARK! THE MUSICAL Comes to Edinburgh Fringe". BroadwayWorld.com.
- Barrett, Shari. "Review: BARK! The Musical is a Fabulous, Episodic Song Fest to the Glory of DOG". BroadwayWorld.com.
- "Bark The Musical - Los Angeles - Cast Bios". Web.archive.org. 2008-09-26. Archived from the original on 2008-09-26. Retrieved 2012-06-11.
- "'Bark! The Musical' is a howling good time". 14 January 2013.
- "Bark! - Original Broadway Cast CD 2005". www.broadwayworld.com.