April 14, 1983 |
Grafton, ND, USA
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
New Jersey Devils
|NHL Draft||53rd overall, 2002
New Jersey Devils
Barry T. Tallackson (born April 14, 1983 in Grafton, North Dakota and raised in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota) is an American ice hockey forward who plays for the Eisbären Berlin of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL).
Tallackson was drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the 2nd round, 53rd overall, on June 22, 2002. In December 2008 the Devil's waived their rights to the forward, just weeks after he underwent surgery to correct an irregular heartbeat associated with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. He played with the Devil's farm team Lowell Devils where he scored 11 goals and 10 assists prior to being signed as a free agent by the St. Louis Blues on July 22, 2009.
Tallackson soon was released by St. Louis and later signed with Augsburger Panthers in Germany on July 17, 2010.
On May 2, 2011, after one season with Augsburg, Tallackson signed with reigning champions, Eisbären Berlin, on a one-year contract.
Tallackson's season with the Eisbären saw him finish second in points and goals on the DEL championship winning Eisbären team. Tallackson won MVP of the final series of the playoffs, and saw his contract extended with the Eisbären for another season.
Regular season and playoffs
|1999–00||U.S. National Development Team||USDP||53||14||6||20||90||—||—||—||—||—|
|2000–01||U.S. National Development Team||USDP||63||23||24||47||77||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001–02||University of Minnesota||WCHA||44||13||10||23||44||—||—||—||—||—|
|2002–03||University of Minnesota||WCHA||32||9||14||23||18||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||University of Minnesota||WCHA||44||10||15||25||46||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||University of Minnesota||WCHA||35||11||8||19||52||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||Albany River Rats||AHL||4||1||1||2||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Albany River Rats||AHL||60||14||23||37||62||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||New Jersey Devils||NHL||10||1||1||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2006–07||New Jersey Devils||NHL||3||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||New Jersey Devils||NHL||3||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||New Jersey Devils||NHL||4||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Gophers join WCHA affair". The Boston Globe. March 28, 2005. Retrieved September 15, 2009.
- "Devils waive RW Barry Tallackson". USA Today. December 5, 2008. Retrieved September 15, 2009.
- "New Jersey Devils' Rupp has been in teammate Tallackson's shoes". The Star-Ledger. September 25, 2008. Archived from the original on December 5, 2008. Retrieved November 21, 2008.
- "Wild signs Brodziak, avoids arbitration". Star Tribune. July 24, 2009. Archived from the original on August 11, 2009. Retrieved September 15, 2009.
- "Veteran free agents languish as July nears its end". Sporting News. July 23, 2009. Retrieved September 15, 2009.
- "Streak’s field gets narrower". Peoria Journal Star. January 17, 2001. Retrieved January 18, 2011.
- "Rankel, Braun, Busch, Hördler stay – 2 come!". Eisbären Berlin (in German). May 2, 2011. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- "Final-MVP Tallackson verlängert Vertrag bei Eisbären". Kölnische Rundschau (in German). April 25, 2012. Retrieved May 31, 2012.[permanent dead link]