|Born||1967 (age 49–50)
California, United States
Bart Dorsa (born 1967) is an American artist, photographer, film-maker. Dorsa works in an old photographic technique (Collodion process). Dorsa's notable exhibitions have been at the Venice Biennale and Moscow Museum of Modern Art. In 2011 Dorsa pedaled his Flaming Duck kinetic sculpture around the city of Moscow.
Dorsa began his career in visual arts as an independent filmmaker, but later moved to photography and sculpture. In May and June 2011 Dorsa pedaled his Flaming Duck kinetic sculpture for 6 weeks around the city of Moscow at times shooting fire as high as 50 feet into the air. Dorsa conceived the Duck as a present for his father's 69th birthday.
For almost 10 years now Bart Dorsa has been living in Moscow and working with various photographic techniques creating images that are experimental, emotional and have consistently challenged conventional notions of beauty. Dorsa studies wet plate technique in Europe and later experimented a lot with different cameras, lenses, and hand-made emulsions. To achieve the desired effect, Dorsa gradually removed all excess elements, until at some point he destroyed the camera and began shooting with only a lens and a camera obscura. Bart Dorsa has transformed traditional exhibition locations into spaces that create a context of mystery and emotion, covering the spaces in fabric and building unique 'sanctuary' space-within-space structures.
- May 2015 - November 2015 part of Glasstress Gotika Exhibition, Collateral Event of the 56th Venice Biennale
- May 2013 - September 2013 "Katya" within Collateral Events of the 55th Venice Biennale
- May 2011 "Against The Sun", Skolkovo Moscow School of Management, Moscow
- November 2009 "Deep Inside My Doll House", Moscow Museum of Modern Art
- April 2009 "Silver Tongue Devil", Pobeda Gallery, Moscow
- 1999 - The Invisibles (executive producer)
- 1999 - Here Lies Lonely (director)
- 2001 - 3000 Miles to Graceland (actor) 
- Venezia, Anita (8 November 2009). "Message From Moscow". Alive Magazine. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Collateral Events". La Biennale di Venezia. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Bart Dorsa. Katya". Moscow Museum of Modern Art. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Lally, Kathy (10 July 2011). "Dorsa is daffy, yet makes Muscovites laugh — and think". The Washington Post. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Sherri Liberman (2011). American Food by the Decades. ABC-CLIO. p. 134. ISBN 978-0-313-37698-6.
- Philippe Dagen. Dans un sanctuaire vénitien, icônes et reliques de sainte Katia. Le Monde, 2013.
- "Bart Dorsa - Artist - Glasstress 2015". Glasstress 2015. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- La Biennale di Venezia. 55ª Esposizione internazionale d'arte. Il Palazzo Enciclopedico (2 vol.) (first ed.). Venice, Italy: Marsilio. 2013. pp. 204–205. ISBN 9788831715584.
- "Deep Inside My DollHouse". Moscow Museum of Modern Art. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Silver Tongue Devil". Retrieved 10 April 2009.
- "Bart Dorsa". IMDb. Retrieved 7 July 2013.