District du Bas-Sassandra
|• Total||25,800 km2 (10,000 sq mi)|
|• Density||88/km2 (230/sq mi)|
Bas-Sassandra District (French: District du Bas-Sassandra) is one of fourteen administrative districts of Ivory Coast. The district is located in the southwest part of the country. The capital of the district is San-Pédro.
The district was created in an 2011 administrative reorganisation of the subdivisions of Ivory Coast. Its territory is composed of the former region of Bas-Sassandra with the addition of the department of Fresco, which was transferred from the region of Sud-Bandama.
- Gbôklé Region (region seat in Sassandra)
- Nawa Region (region seat in Soubré)
- San-Pédro Region (region seat also in San-Pédro)
According to the 2014 census, Bas-Sassandra District has a population of 2,280,548.
- "Districts of Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)". Statoids.com. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Côte d'Ivoire". GeoHive.com. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Décret n° 2011-263 du 28 septembre 2011 portant organisation du territoire national en Districts et en Régions.
- Law, Gwillim. "Districts of Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)". Administrative Divisions of Countries ("Statoids").