|Born||June 10, 1929
Edmonton, London, United Kingdom
|Died||January 17, 2005
London, United Kingdom
|Resting place||St Mary the Virgin, Church Lane, Salehurst, Sussex, United Kingdom|
|Education||Edmonton County School|
Basil William Hoskins (10 June 1929 – 17 January 2005) was an English actor.
Hoskins, a native of Edmonton, London, was educated at the Edmonton County School. A popular British actor who also had a distinguished career on the London stage, Hoskins studied acting at RADA and later joined the Nottingham Playhouse Company. Hoskins was the long term romantic partner of fellow English actor Harry Andrews. They are buried alongside each other at St Mary the Virgin, Salehurst.
- It Started in Paradise (1952) - 2nd Detective (uncredited)
- Ice Cold in Alex (1958) - C.M.P. Lieutenant (Alexandria)
- North West Frontier (1959) - A.D.C.
- The Millionairess (1960) - First Secretary
- Edge of Sanity (1989) - Mr. Bottingham
- "Basil Hoskins", The Daily Telegraph, 2 November 2005, retrieved 7 February 2012
- Basil Hoskins at the Internet Movie Database
- The Prisoner
- Information at Edmonton County School
- Daily Telegraph obituary
|This British theatre–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|