Basin Street East
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Basin Street East was a notable nightclub of the 1960s in New York City. Several live albums were recorded there, including Peggy Lee's Basin Street East Proudly Presents Miss Peggy Lee (1961), and Billy Eckstine's At Basin St. East (1961).
Basin Street East live recordings
- Jazz: Red Hot and Cool — Dave Brubeck Quartet (Columbia, 1955)
- Clifford Brown and Max Roach at Basin Street — Clifford Brown and Max Roach (EmArcy, 1956)
- Flautista! — Herbie Mann (Verve, 1959)
- At Basin Street East Billy Eckstine and Quincy Jones — (EmArcy, 1961)
- Basin Street East Proudly Presents Miss Peggy Lee — Peggy Lee (Capitol, 1961)
- Take Five Live — Dave Brubeck Quartet and Carmen McRae (Columbia, 1961)
- Recorded "Live" at Basin Street East — Lambert, Hendricks & Bavan (RCA, 1963)
- Live at Basin Street East — Ray Bryant (Sue, 1964)
- Della Reese at Basin Street East — Della Reese (RCA, 1964)
- Live at the Basin St. East — Trini Lopez (Reprise, 1964)
- James Gavin (11 November 2014). Is That All There Is?: The Strange Life of Peggy Lee. Simon and Schuster. pp. 217–. ISBN 978-1-4516-4168-4.
- "The New York Marriott East Side". thecityreview.com. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
|This article on a music performance venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|