Battle Mountain High School (Nevada)
|Battle Mountain High School|
|435 Weaver Ave
Battle Mountain, Nevada 89820
|School district||Lander County School District|
|Grades||9 to 12|
Held a Costume Contest. Winner: Shelby Kroll
- 2010 - Winterfest Dance - Theme: Running with the Longhorns.
Offered "Girls Choice" for the first dance, but went back to normal after the walls filled up with whoever did not have a date.
- 2010 - A Dodge ball tournament was held before the Winterfest dance. There was no prize, but the voulenteers had fun.
- 2009 - Bonfire - A bonfire was held before the 2009 Homecoming Dance where a makeshift rendition of the rival team's mascot was burned. Fire fighters were present. Afterwards fireworks were displayed.
- 2010 - Tailgate Party - A tailgate party was held in the BMHS parking lot to celebrate winterfest.
Throughout the course of a year, each class earns spirit points that are assessed at the end of the year. To earn points, students of a class must participate in events or dress up for certain days during Spirit Week. Spirit week is the week before a dance where students in the highschool may dress up to a certain theme. The first three themes are chosen by the Student Council, whereas the last day is "Green & White Day," where students can where anything that is green, gold, or white. The more spectacular your outfit is the more points you will earn. Some teens will dye their hair or put on face paint to show their school spirit.
The athletics program at Battle Mountain is known as the Longhorns and are affiliated with the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association. Recently Battle Mountain has had a large amount of athletic success. In the past 3 years there have been 8 Consecutive State Wrestling Champions, And girls varsity basketball has taken state numerous times.
Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association State Championships
- Baseball - 1976, 1978, 1981, 1986, 2002
- Golf (Girls) - 2008
- Sheila Miller - Biology, Algebra 1, Anatomy
- Mitchell Domagala - Historical Events, History of Man, American History, Wrestling Coach
- David Marz - English 2, Honors English, English 3,
- Jacquelin Lindsey - English 1, Drama
- Roger Wallock - English 3, English 4, Creative Writing, Billionaire, Playboy
Most crime done around the school is only minor vandalization. Problems with highschoolers vandalizing the Battle Mountain Junior High led to the immediate prohibition of highschoolers wandering around the junior high grounds.