Bayraktar Mini UAV
|Bayraktar Mini UAV|
|First flight||October 2006|
|Primary user||Turkish Armed Forces|
With the concept of short range day and night aerial reconnaissance and surveillance applications, system design activities started within 2004. Initial prototype Bayraktar A has been developed in 2005, and following successful autonomous flight demonstrations, Baykar has been awarded with a contract to start serial production. After hundreds of trials and feed backs, system was subject to major modifications. As a result, Bayraktar B Mini UAV Systems fielded and became operational in 2007 to serve initially for Turkish Armed Forces. Due to its success in the region, the system was purchased by the Qatar Armed Forces in 2012.
Bayraktar-B is a hand-launched, portable UAV system, designed to operate under harsh geographic and meteorological conditions. Bayraktar-B is fielded with small army units, and as of 2012 have recorded more than 50,000 flight hours. System offers a complete autonomy with protective features with a high rank of reliability and easiness for the operators, which makes it a valuable technological asset.
Main features are:
- Automatic waypoint navigation
- Secure digital communication
- Home Return and automatic parachute landing in case of lost communication
- Smart battery management system
- Remote-range command/control and monitor (WAN Relay)
- Ground control switching
- Automatic take off
- Automatic cruising
- Automatic belly landing / parachute deployment
- Joystick assisted semi-automatic control
- Automatic stall control in case of electric motor dysfunction
- Automatic spin control in case of very harsh wind conditions
- Real-time Google Earth integration (display of telemetry data, routes etc. in real-time)
- On-screen video display
- Target coordinate estimation within 10 meters accuracy
- Automatic tracking antenna system
Bayraktar Mini UAS is operational since 2007.
- Suleyman Sah Tomb located in Syria is protected with Bayraktar Mini.
- ISIS convoy detected by Bayraktar Mini and hit by Firtina.
- Enhancing Situational Awareness for Baykar UAV using FLIR’s Tau Core
|Specification||Bayraktar A||Bayraktar B||Notes|
|Length||1.2 meters||1.2 meters|
|Wing Span||1.6 meters||1.9 meters (2.5 meters optional)|
|Weight||3.5 kg||4.5 kg|
|Power / Source||Electric / Battery||Electric / Battery|
|Take Off||Hand Launch||Hand Launch|
|Landing||Belly Landing||Belly Landing / Parachute Landing|
|Communication Range||10 km||15 km (With Auto Tracking Antenna System)|
|Endurance||> 60 minutes||> 60 minutes (with 1000 meters operational Altitude)|
|Operational Altitude||1000 ft||3000 ft|
|Maximum Altitude||12000 ft||12000 ft|
|Cruise Speed||70 km/hour||55 km/hour|
|Payload 1||CCD Camera (Fixed Mount)||CCD Camera (Tilt Axis Movement)||CCD Camera (2 Axis Movement)|
|Payload 2||Thermal Camera (Fixed Mount)||Thermal Camera (Tilt Axis Movement)||Thermal Camera (2 Axis Movement)|
|Structure||Composite material||Composite material|
- Mini UAV Platform
- Portable Ground Control Station
- 2 Axis Camera Gimbal Payload
- Video Transmission Unit
- Video Receiver Unit
- Real Time Image Mosaicing Software
- Automatic Tracking Antenna
- Mobile Charging Station
- "Bayraktar UAV". Army-Technology. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "The three brothers who produced the 'Bayraktar'". 1 June 2010.
- "Turkish Bayraktar Miniature UAV".
- Turkish army orders mini-UAVs, ', 8 August 2006
- "Turkey sells mini drones to Qatar". 2012-03-13.
- "Procurement: Turkey Exports UAVs". 2012-03-19.
- Turkey's Kalebaykar reveals VTOL UAV demonstrator test programme, ', 14 August 2006
- Bayraktar Mini UAV system brochure Archived July 18, 2014, at the Wayback Machine., Baykar Makina
- "Suleyman Sah to be protected by Bayraktar Mini UAV". 5 May 2014.
- "Bayraktar detected and Firtina hit". 4 February 2014.
- "Enhancing Situational Awareness for Baykar UAV using FLIR’s Tau Core". www.azooptics.com. Retrieved 2015-08-22.
- "Qatar Purchases 10 Bayraktar sUAV from Turkey". 2012-03-14.
- "Middle East UAV landscape up in the air". 12 November 2012.
- "Warplanes: Turkish UAV Exports". www.strategypage.com. Retrieved 2015-08-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kale-Baykar Bayraktar Mini.|