This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Beatriz Amendola is an expert in the field of Radiation Oncology and has been practicing in the U.S. for over 35 years. She is recognized abroad and is a member of the medical societies of the oncology specialty in the United States, Latin America and in Europe. Amendola is an American citizen but was born in Montevideo, Uruguay.
Amendola has received Fellowships from the American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), from the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) and from The American College of Radiology (ACR).
Amendola's main areas of focus include breast, head/neck, lung, prostate as well as brain tumors. She uses a variety of technologies and treatment practices. Amendola has knowledge in the field of radiation therapy and Brachytherapy, along with the latest forms of radiosurgery using CyberKnife, Gamma Knife, and LINAC. She's currently the head of the Innovative Cancer Institute in Miami Florida.
Amendola started her education in Uruguay but finished her residency in the field of Radiation Oncology at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia and was board certified by 1980. After that she held several academic positions, including one as Acting Chairman of Radiation Oncology at the University of Michigan and later as Associate Professor and Director of Residency Training at the University of Miami.
Amendola has held many positions over the years: -She was board certified in Therapeutic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology in 1980 -She completed her residency in Radiation Oncology at the Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA -She was an associate professor in the department of Radiation Oncology at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, and later became acting chairman -Later she was the director of residency training for Radiation Oncology at Hahnemann University, -Associate Professor, Director of Residency Training, University of Miami, Department of Radiation Oncology, Miami, FL -Founder and Director of Innovative Cancer Institute and the Brachytherapy Institute of South Florida
During her medical career she edited a textbook on the subject of Radiation Oncology and has written and published over 60 scientific articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and is still constantly authoring new studies. Amendola also travels regularly to spread her knowledge and has delivered over 500 scientific presentations, scientific exhibits, and lectures both nationally and internationally. As a result of her years or experience and dedication she has been awarded multiple honors including the Gold Medal from Circulo de Radioterapeutas Ibero Latino Americano (CRILA). Amendola also recently received Honorary Membership in the Spanish Society of Radiation Oncology (SEOR) for her multiple contributions to the specialty of Radiation Oncology in Spain.
- "Innovative Cancer Institute is the First in the Southeast to Install the Edge™ System for High-Precision Radiosurgery for the Treatment of Cancer". PR WEB. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "Doctors at Innovative Cancer Institute in Miami Use New Radiosurgery System to Treat Tumor Encroaching on Patient's Spinal Cord". PR Newswire.
- "El cáncer de mama: un nuevo camino de esperanza". The Miami Herald. 10/5/2015. Check date values in:
- . US news and world report http://health.usnews.com/doctors/beatriz-amendola-147094. Missing or empty
- "Patient Continues With Everyday Activities While Getting Treated For Breast Cancer". Curacao Chronicle. 2013-10-23.
- "Arm Pain Helped With Detection Of Lung Cancer". Curacao Chronicle. 2013-12-16.
- "Innovative Cancer Institute: Cutting Edge Cancer Treatment in Miami". ICI.