From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|LC Class||RA778 .H233 2007|
The author, a former beauty editor, provides tips and product suggestions in chapters broken down to cover beauty topics from head to toe. Beauty Confidential is mentioned in an infomercial for Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals foundation.
- Getting Started: What beauty editors know that you don't
- Hairstyling: Hairdressers that make love to your hair...and other adventures in styling
- Hair Color: Blondes don't necessarily have more fun, but salons sure as hell want you to think they do (Or: How a TV show changed my life)
- Eyes: Making the most of your sexiest feature
- Complexion: Who needs an MD? Becoming your own dermatologist
- Sensitive Skin: Your skin is not Mike Tyson; please don't beat it up
- Face: Your skin is the palette and you are the artist—have fun with makeup
- Lips: Why should Angelina Jolie have all the fun?
- Body: Because your tummy and knees are part of your skin, too—pampering your body
- Bikini Line: We have all become strippers
- Manicure/Pedicure: If your nails don't look good, you don't look good
- Epilogue: The importance of beauty