|40th Mayor of Sacramento|
|Preceded by||George L. Klumpp|
|Succeeded by||Bert E. Geisreiter|
|Born||July 29, 1884
Sutter Creek, California
|Died||November 9, 1955
|Profession||Professor, School Administrator|
Cooledge was born in Sutter Creek, California, to Walter Scott Cooledge and Belle McFarland. Cooledge and her mother were members of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Cooledge was as a mathematics professor, dean, and vice president of the Sacramento Junior College, now known as Sacramento City College. Cooledge was elected the mayor in Sacramento in 1947.
Cooledge is buried beside her parents and her mother's parents in the Lodi Memorial Park & Cemetery, in Lodi, California.
- Political Graveyard, retrieved September 25, 2011
- Daughters of the American Revolutionary, Sacramento Chapter History, retrieved September 25, 2011
- It's a Woman's World at City College, Sac City Express, retrieved September 25, 2011
- Find a Grave, retrieved September 25, 2011
- Belle Cooledge Library, retrieved September 25, 2011