Ben Bass (American football)
|Date of birth:||October 12, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Grapevine, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||293 lb (133 kg)|
|High school:||Plano West|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Benjamin Joseph Bass (born October 12, 1989) is an American football defensive end for the New England Patriots of the National Football League. He was signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He played college football for Texas A&M.
Bass played college football for Texas A&M. He redshirted in 2007, and missed the 2009 season due to academics. He only started three games at A&M, including two during his senior season. In his senior season, He had 26 tackles, 2 sacks and a pass deflection.
After not being selected in the 2012 NFL Draft, he received a tryout invitation for rookie-minicamp where he performed well enough to be signed as an undrafted free agent. On September 1st, he was released and later signed to the practice squad. On November 13, he was promoted to the active roster after the team placed Kenyon Coleman on the injured reserve list, due to a torn triceps injury he suffered against the Philadelphia Eagles. On December 1st, he was placed on injured reserve list due to an ankle injury.
In 2013, with the Cowboys moving to a 4-3 defense and the Tyrone Crawford season ending injury, there were high expectations for Bass to earn a bigger role, but he suffered a separated shoulder in practice and was placed on the injured reserve list on September 5.
In 2014, he suffered a hamstring injury that limited his practice time in training camp.
New England Patriots
- "Bass Pro Football Reference Profile". pro-football-reference.com.
- "Former Texas A&M defensive lineman Ben Bass is making good in the NFL".
- "Ben Bass College Statistics". sports-reference.com.
- "Cowboys Announce Release Of 23 Players, Roster Trimmed To 53". dallascowboys.com. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- "Cowboys Send Coleman to IR, Promote Local Product Ben Bass to Active Roster". nbcdfw.com. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Cowboys place Ben Bass on injured reserve". espn.go.com. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- "Report: Cowboys trade DT Ben Bass to Patriots for cornerback Justin Green". DallasNews.com. August 12, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Patriots make roster moves to reach 75-man roster