|Date of birth||18 April 1989|
|Place of birth||Nottingham, England|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|2009||→ Ilkeston Town (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 06:26, 7 February 2017 (UTC).
Fairclough signed for Notts County after impressing during a pre-season trial, having previously been at local rivals Nottingham Forest. He made his debut for Notts County at home to Doncaster Rovers, in the 1–0 win in League Cup on 12 August 2008. In 2009, Fairclough went on a short term loan to Ilkeston Town.
On 10 May 2010, it was announced that he had been released by Notts County along with seven other players.
He then signed for Hinckley United on 7 August 2010.
On 5 March 2010, he joined Rocester in the Midland Football Alliance on loan from Hinckley United. He became a favorite with the Roman fans playing on the right wing and finished the season of by scoring 7 goals in 17 games.
Ahead of the 2011–12 season, he linked up with Eastwood Town, but he was out of favor and football was hard to come by.
In September 2011 the pacy forward joined Boston United rather than a reported move back to Rocester. He had a slow start at the club but eventually settled in and has become a fans favorite among the pilgrims supporters. 
During October 2015 Lincoln United announced the signing of Ben Fairclough from Belper Town.
- "Notts seal Fairclough swoop". Notts County F.C. official website. 6 August 2008. Retrieved 29 August 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "Notts County 1–0 Doncaster (aet)". BBC Sport. 12 August 2008. Retrieved 29 August 2008.
- "Notts County release eight out-of-contract players". BBC Sport. 10 May 2010. Archived from the original on 13 May 2010. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Fairclough signs for Hinckley". Hinckley United official website. 7 August 2010. Archived from the original on 11 July 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- "Ben Fairclough". Canoville Coaching official website. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Ben Fairclough at Soccerbase