|Full name||Benjamin Thomas Foakes|
15 February 1993 |
Colchester, Essex, England
|Domestic team information|
|2011–2014||Essex (squad no. 4)|
|FC debut||26 April 2011 Essex v Sri Lankans|
|LA debut||7 February 2013 England Lions v Victoria|
|Source: Cricinfo, 16 September 2016|
Benjamin Thomas Foakes (born 15 February 1993) is an English cricketer. Foakes is a right-handed batsman who fields as a wicket-keeper. He was born in Colchester, Essex and educated at Tendring Technology College.
Foakes made his debut for England Under-19s in January 2011, playing two Youth Test matches against Sri Lanka Under-19s during England's tour to Sri Lanka. It was during this tour that he made his Youth One Day International debut, to date he has had made six appearances in that format, most recently in July 2011 when he played three Youth One Day Internationals against South Africa Under-19s.
During the 2011 English season, Foakes made his debut for Essex in a first-class match against the touring Sri Lankans at the County Ground, Chelmsford. He was dismissed for 5 runs in Essex's first-innings by Tissara Perera. He took three catches from behind the stumps, taking two in the Sri Lankans first-innings and a single catch in their second. In September 2011, he signed a professional contract which runs until 2013.
On 14 August 2014 it was announced that Foakes had joined Surrey County Cricket Club.
- "Player profile: Ben Foakes". CricketArchive. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Youth Test Matches played by Ben Foakes". CricketArchive. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Youth One-Day International Matches played by Ben Foakes". CricketArchive. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "First-Class Matches played by Ben Foakes". CricketArchive. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Essex v Sri Lankans, 2011". CricketArchive. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Masters, Reece and Foakes sign new Essex contracts". BBC Sport. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 9 December 2011.