He was born and raised in Haifa. After graduation from the Donia Weizman Conservatoire of music in Haifa he continued his studies in Tel Aviv with Ilona Vincze, and at the Tel Aviv University and the Royal Conservatory of Brussels. He also settled and based his solo and chamber music career in Brussels. He performed in Europe, Israel, Japan and the Americas.
Rawitz was murdered in the course of a robbery, in the apartment where he lived in Brussels.
One of the murderers was the then 15-year-old Junior Kabunda. On 20 September 2009 this Belgian of Congolese origin murdered his 1,5 year old daughter, the 79-year-old grandmother of his girlfriend and tried to murder his girlfriend. He was put in custody. On December 20, 2010 Kabunda was sentenced to life imprisonment.
Notes and references
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-10-25. Retrieved 2006-09-04.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-05-25. Retrieved 2006-09-04.
- "Sergiu Schwartz - biography". serenatamusic.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Brusselnieuws". brusselnieuws.be. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- kscherpenberg. "Junior Kabunda is de meest ongelukkige mens ter wereld". Gazet van Antwerpen. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-04. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-23. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
|This article on a classical pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Israeli musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|