6 November 1953 |
New York City, New York, USA
|Occupation||Actor, instructor and theatre director|
|Parent(s)||Brynjolv Baardson (father)|
Bentein Baardson graduated from Teaterhøyskolen in 1975. He has set up plays at a number of theatres, including Nationaltheatret, Det Norske Teatret, Den Nationale Scene and Agder Teater. He was theatre director at Rogaland Teater from 1986 to 1989, leading Agder Teater from its opening in 1991 to 1994, was art director for the opening and closing ceremonies at the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, and theatre director at Den Nationale Scene from 1998 to 2001. In 2005 he directed the gala concert at Oslo Konserthus in connection with the 1905 jubilee. Baardson was the artistic and executive director of the 2006 Ibsen Year.
In 1980, Bentein Baardson was awarded the first Per Aabels ærespris, an annual honorary award which is named for respected Norwegian comic actor, Per Aabel. In 1998, Baardson received the Anders Jahres kulturpris, an honorary award named for Norwegian shipping magnate, Anders August Jahre. He was decorated Knight, First Class of the Order of St. Olav in 2000. He has been appointed member of the Norwegian Academy for Language and Literature. Managing Director in Kilden Performing Arts Centre from February 2012.
- Bentein Baardson (Nordic World Ski Championships 2011)
- Lyche, Lise. "Bentein Baardson". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Bentein Baardson". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. 2007. Retrieved 15 March 2009.
- 1998. Bentein Baardson, scenekunstner (Anders Jahres kulturpris) Archived 26 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Det Norske Akademi for Sprog og Litteratur" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy for Language and Literature. Archived from the original on 10 February 2009. Retrieved 25 April 2009.
|Director of the Rogaland Teater
|Director of the Den Nationale Scene
|This article about a Norwegian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|