From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Meaning||"Strong" or "Brave" as a bear|
|Region of origin||English|
|Related names||Bernard, Bernardine, Bernie, bernardina|
There are variants in other languages including the French Bernardine. The nickname Bernie is unisex but 'Bern' is more common for females than males as a shortened form. Bernadine is uncommon as a surname. People with the name Bernadine include:
- Saint Bernadine of Siena (1380–1444)
- Bernadine Healy (born 1944), American cardiologist
- Bernadine a Piconio (1633–1709), French Capuchin theologian and exegete
- Bernadine Oliver-Kerby (born 1971), New Zealand broadcaster
- Bernardine (disambiguation)
- Bernie (given name)
- Bernardine (song) A song by Pat Boone from the film Bernardine (film), often misspelled Bernadine.
- "View Name: Bernadine". behindthename.com. Retrieved 2007-12-20.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|