Beginning in 1992, he played bass for Throwing Muses on their album releases and in their concert appearances, having previously worked as roadie for the group. Georges has also played bass on recordings by Lakuna, as well as by the Boston-based bands Fritter and Count Zero.
Since 2003, Georges has recorded and toured primarily with the California-based 50 Foot Wave. He also works on the side as a bicycle shop technician.
- Bernard Georges Credits. Allmusic. Retrieved Apr. 15, 2005.
- Lashley, Sanz (March 1995). Kristin Hersh Interview. SubNation magazine. Retrieved Apr. 15, 2005.
- Lashley, Sanz (January 16, 1995). Very Long Muses Interview. 4AD-L mailing list archives. Retrieved Apr. 15, 2005.
- Munson, Todd (March 3, 2005). Interview With My Co-worker, the Rock Star. The Black Table. Retrieved Apr. 15, 2005.
- Throwing Music calendar with Bernard Georges' birthday. Throwing Music label website. Retrieved Apr. 15, 2005.
Georges is also known in the bicycle industry as a talented rider and talented welder of steel and titanium bike frames. He worked at custom builder Seven cycles and now at 333fabrication based in Seattle.