This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Bernardo Añor Acosta|
|Date of birth||May 24, 1988|
|Place of birth||Caracas, Venezuela|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2007–2010||South Florida Bulls||59||(21)|
|2015–2016||Sporting Kansas City||13||(0)|
|2016||→ Minnesota United (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:52, 25 January 2018 (UTC)
College and amateur
Añor attended San Ignacio of Loyola High School, and was a member of several championship teams in Venezuela, including the U-17 team of Caracas FC, before coming to the United States in 2007 to play college soccer at the University of South Florida. He was named to the BIG EAST All-Conference third team and the College Soccer News All-American Freshman team in his debut year in 2007, before tearing his ACL in seventh game of his sophomore season, and being forced to take a medical redshirt. He returned to competition in 2009, and helped USF advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament, scoring the winning goal in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. During his time at USF Anor was one of the Bulls' top offensive performers, scoring 21 goals during his career for 49 career points
On January 14, 2011, Añor was drafted in the third round (48th overall) in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft by Columbus Crew. He made his professional debut on March 26, 2011, in a 0-0 tie with the New York Red Bulls, and scored his first professional goal on June 18 in a 2-0 win over Houston Dynamo and for his actions on field, earned MLS Player of the Week honors in the process.
Añor spent the 2016 season on loan with NASL side Minnesota United FC. It was announced on January 24, 2017 that Añor had signed with Minnesota United FC as the team built its roster for its first Major League Soccer season.
- "United Soccer Leagues (USL)". Uslsoccer.com. June 17, 2010. Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved April 3, 2014.
- Anor Goes To Columbus Crew In MLS SuperDraft
- Decimated Red Bulls hold Crew to scoreless tie Archived April 30, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Anor makes most of his first start with goal, assist
- Austin, Kurt. "Sporting KC acquires midfielder Bernardo Añor".
- "Midfielder Bernardo Anor Signs With MNUFC". MLS. January 24, 2017. Retrieved December 3, 2017.