Bernd Giese (born 2 June 1940, Hamburg, Germany) is a guest professor in chemistry at the University of Fribourg in Fribourg, Switzerland (full professor at the University of Basel) who specializes in the bio-organic chemistry and synthesis of radicals in biological systems.
His current research centers on electron charge transfers in the peptide bonds and proteins of DNA. He was elected a Foreign Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2003. Reuters News agency predicted him as a possible Nobel Laureate in Chemistry in 2009.
- Taylor (2002). Mechanism and Synthesis. Royal Society of Chemistry. ISBN 978-0-85404-695-9.
- "Thomson Reuters Predicts Nobel Laureates". 24 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Book of Members, 1780–2010: Chapter B" (PDF). American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- Thomsonreuters.com Archived October 8, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Tetrahedron Prize for Creativity in Organic Chemistry or Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry". Elsevier. Archived from the original on 9 September 2014. Retrieved 28 January 2015.