Bernhard Fleissig took 18th in the Vienna 1882 chess tournament (Wilhelm Steinitz and Szymon Winawer won), took 2nd, behind Vincenz Hruby, at Vienna 1882, and tied for 2nd-3rd with Johann Hermann Bauer but lost a play-off match to him (0–2) at Vienna 1890 (Max Weiss won).
Bernhard (Bernát) Fleissig was the younger brother of Max Fleissig.
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - International Chess Tournament Vienna 1882
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-04. Retrieved 2011-12-05. Name Index to Jeremy Gaige's Chess Tournament Crosstables, An Electronic Edition, Anders Thulin, Malmö, 2004-09-01
- Vienna at xoomer.alice.it
- http://www.edochess.ca/players/p797.html Edo Historical Chess Ratings
- F Archived May 11, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
|This biographical article relating to a Hungarian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to an Austrian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|