|Born||26 May 1952|
Southport, Lancashire, England
|Genres||Pop rock, folk rock, soft rock|
Bernard "Berni" Flint (born 26 May 1952, Southport, Lancashire, England) is a singer and songwriter who holds the record for the longest continuous run of wins on the ITV talent show, Opportunity Knocks.
After being propelled to fame by the show, Flint enjoyed a degree of success for a number of years. In terms of record sales, the highpoint of his career was reached when his single, "I Don't Want to Put a Hold On You", rose over a period of six weeks to number three in the UK Singles Chart, in the week ending 23 April 1977. Further success came in the form of another Top 75 hit, "Southern Comfort", and one gold and two silver selling albums.
Although no longer a commercial recording artist, Flint continues to perform regularly and is active on the after-dinner circuit. His song "I Don't Want to Put a Hold On You" appeared on the 2008 compilation album 70s Dinner Party.
- 1977: I Don't Want to Put a Hold On You - UK #37
- 1978: Early Morning Rain
- 1979: Just Like a Movie
- 2009: Opportunity Strikes Twice
- 1977: "I Don't Want to Put a Hold On You" - UK #3
- 1977: "Southern Comfort" - UK #48
- 1977: "If I Had Someone Like You"
- 1978: "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes"
- 1979: "Dusk Till Dawn"
- 1979: "Only Me"
- 1980: "Don't Laugh At Me (Cause I'm a Fool)"
- 1983: "A Daisy a Day" (sic) - Bernie Flint (sic) with The Children of Freehold Community School, Oldham