Bess Motta (born February 10, 1958) is an American actress, singer, choreographer, and exercise demonstrator who appeared in the Canadian produced television series The :20 Minute Workout, which aired for two seasons in 1983 and 1984.
Motta was born in Woodland Hills, California. She has been credited with putting TV aerobics on the map, and has been called the "Aerobics queen of the 1980s", having become a fitness advocate after returning from England 30 pounds overweight.
She had a small role in The Terminator, playing Linda Hamilton's roommate, Ginger Ventura, in 1984. She played Rita, a friendly and bubbly waitress in a mansion's kitchen, on the syndicated show New Monkees in 1987. She also appeared in the first few seasons of The Home Show.
Motta gave an interview to The Terminator Fans website in August 2010 in which she confirms that she has attended the occasional ComicCon event (Burbank and Chicago in 2010).
- Terrace, Vincent (1986). Encyclopedia of Television Series, Pilots and Specials: 1974–1984. Volume II. New York: New York Zoetrope. p. 427. ISBN 978-0-918432-61-2. OCLC 15052958. Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- Meyers, Jeff (December 21, 1986). "The Bess Show in Town: Former Aerobics Star Dances to the Big Screen by Exercising Options". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "Bess Motta Filmography". The New York Times. Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- "Interview with Bess Motta – Ginger Ventura from 'The Terminator (1984)'". TheTerminatorFans.com. August 16, 2010. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- Reid, Ken (December 3, 2014). "The :20 Minute Workout". TV Guidance Counselor Podcast. Episode 52. Retrieved June 18, 2015.