|Matthew Tripp - Chief Executive Officer|
BetEasy (formerly known as CrownBet and BetEzy) is an Australian corporate bookmaker offering online sports and racing betting platforms. BetEasy is licensed in the Northern Territory and majority owned by The Stars Group.
BetEasy is the official wagering partner of the Australian Football League and is the only corporate bookmaker able to provide its customers with access to the popular Sky Racing channels directly through its betting applications.
The BetEasy brand first launched in the Australian market in 2014 following the purchase and immediate rebrand of the former BetEzy brand by Matthew Tripp.
In December 2014, 66% of BetEasy was acquired by Crown Resorts and transitioned to the CrownBet brand in March 2015. The deal offered a world-first integration of an online wagering operator with a land-based casino operation.
The Stars Group acquired an 80% ownership interest in the combined companies through a series of transactions between February and April 2018. In August 2018, The Stars Group reinstated the BetEasy brand following the integration and migration of William Hill Australia with and into CrownBet.
BetEasy remains Australian-based with offices in Darwin, Melbourne and Sydney, and led by CEO Matthew Tripp.
In April 2016, the company's joint venture with Matthew Tripp, CrownBet pleaded guilty to five counts of breaching laws by publishing illegal betting advertising that offered inducements for NSW residents to gamble. According to NSW Department of Justice, CrownBet "sought to have the matters finalised without conviction in Downing Centre Local Court yesterday but Magistrate Joanne Keogh said convictions were necessary for general deterrence to others in the industry and to protect the vulnerable. CrownBet was convicted of the five offences and ordered to pay a total of $10,500 in fines and also ordered to pay L&GNSW legal costs of $10,000."
- "Corporate Partners - AFL". AFL. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "CrownBet launches Sky Racing 1 & 2 streaming". Just Horse Racing. 2018-04-23. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "James Packer's Crown takes control of BetEasy". Sydney Morning Herald. 2014-12-16. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Crown Resorts agrees to $150m sale of CrownBet". The Guardian. 2017-12-29. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Crown Resorts agrees to $150m sale of CrownBet". Gaming Intelligence. 2018-04-25. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "James Packer's Crownbet Fined For Illegal Ads". The Australian. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "CrownBet convicted of illegal advertising". Skynews.com.au. 2016-04-22. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "Crownbet Convicted of Illegal Advertising". Justice.nsw.gov.au. 2016-04-22. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "CrownBet Cops To Illegal Come-Hither Inducements | Online Gambling News". CalvinAyre.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.