Better Late Than Never (Cold River Lady album)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Better Late Than Never|
|Studio album by Cold River Lady|
The recording comprised original band members Phil Weaver (vocals, 12 string acoustic guitar, six string electric guitar), Will Wright (descant & tenor recorders, Hammond C3 organ, electric piano, synthesiser), Paul Cheshire (lead guitar, vocals) and Helen Hardy (vocals).
The rhythm section used for this recording was John MacKenzie, one of the UKʼs top session bassists who had become a good friend of band members Helen Hardy and Will Wright (as well as having worked with producer Pete Brown many times) and Bob Jenkins (also a top UK drummer) who was a friend of Helenʼs as well as a regular session partner of Johnʼs.
The rhythm tracks were recorded in Stoke-on-Trent, with over-dubs at Pete Kerrʼs studio in east London and mixed in Stoke by Pete Kerr, Pete Brown and Will Wright.
The album was released in August 2010 by Angel Air Records.
- English Graffiti (Music: Phil Weaver / Lyrics: Mike Lawley)
- The Promise (Music and Lyrics: Phil Weaver)
- Something (Music and Lyrics: Paul Cheshire)
- Soft Spot Rest (Music: Phil Weaver, Will Wright, Paul Cheshire / Lyrics: Mike Lawley)
- Routing Through The Quagmires (Music: Paul Cheshire, Will Wright / Lyrics: Paul Cheshire)
- Hereford Girls (Music: Phil Weaver / Lyrics: Pete Brown)
- Sauna Bath Blues (Music: Phil Weaver, Will Wright / Lyrics: Mike Lawley)
- The Travellers (Music: Phil Weaver / Lyrics: Mike Lawley)
- October Love (Music: Paul Cheshire / Lyrics: Mike Lawley)
- Far In The Fields (Music: Phil Weaver, Will Wright / Lyrics: Mike Lawley)
- Living The Lazy Way (Music: Phil Weaver, Will Wright / Lyrics: Mike Lawley)