This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Green in 2015
|Born||January 31, 1975|
(m. 2007; div. 2017)
Deven Green (born January 31, 1975) is a Canadian comedian, performer, and musician. Green is known for her video comedy parodies, including her performance as the satirical character Mrs. Betty Bowers, "America's Best Christian".
Early life and career
Green was born and raised in Manitoba, Canada, and holds dual Canadian–U.S. citizenship. She began working as a professional figure skater and later started her comedy career at The Second City in Toronto. She has acknowledged comedian Harland Williams as giving her a big break in Canada by casting her in the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation stand-up comedy show Comics!. She later moved to Los Angeles to further her career.
Green portrays the satirical character Mrs. Betty Bowers, "America's Best Christian" created and written by writer Andrew Bradley. She has also released several videos that offer comic parodies of existing footage or of other entertainers. Her video parody of "Welcome to My Home" starring actress Brenda Dickson went viral. Singer Rufus Wainwright cited it as a favorite in a New York Times interview.
She was the original movie-listing voice for Cineplex Odeon theatres in Canada. Green was the voice for the Canadian versions of Walt Disney commercials. Deven is currently an A.D.R. and commercial voice artist.
Print and modelling
Green has been a panel member of Star magazine's weekly Style Squad since May 2012.
|2007||Back Soon||Trixie||Film also lists Joel Bryant (her husband) in the cast list|
|2012||RuPaul's Drag Race||Special Guest||Season 5|
- Won BEST YOUTUBE winner, December 2013 at the World of Wonder WOWIE awards ceremony – "Wowie Winners!!". World of Wonder. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- Peeples, Jase (July 4, 2015). "Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed". The Advocate. Archived from the original on July 5, 2015. Retrieved July 5, 2015.
Internet satirical character Mrs. Betty Bowers, "America’s Best Christian" (played by comedian Deven Green)
- Internet Movie Database
- Condran, Ed (June 22, 2015). "Comic-Musician Deven Green Bringing Lounge Act To Twain House". Hartford Courant. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- "10 of the Moment – Rufus Wainwright". Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- Bradley, Andrew; Green, Deven (2018). "Parodies of Power: Why Satire Is Needed Now More Than Ever". The Humanist. 78 (6): 25–28. ISSN 0018-7399. Retrieved 22 August 2019.
Here, adapted from their remarks in acceptance of the American Humanist Association's 2018 Humanist Arts Award, presented at the AHA annual conference on May 19 in Las Vegas NV is presented.
- "Nail Lacquer – Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics". Sephora. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "OCC Automaton, Deven Green, Pool Boy Nail Lacquers Reviews, Photos, Swatches". Temptalia.com. 2014-02-09. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "OCC Unknown Pleasures". Temptalia.com. 2014-07-22. Retrieved 2014-07-22.