Bhargavi Davar is a noted mental health activist in India. She is the managing trustee of The Bapu Trust, an organisation that was founded in 1999 dedicated to the research and activism of mental health issues. She has written numerous articles in medical journals.
- Mental Health from a Gender Perspective (2001, SAGE Publications)
- Psychoanalysis as a Human Science: Beyond Foundationalism (1995, co-authored by Parameshwar R Bhat, SAGE Publications)
- Mental Health of Indian Women (1999, SAGE Publications)
- Depression and the Use of Natural Healing Methods. In Peter Stastny & Peter Lehmann (Eds.), Alternatives Beyond Psychiatry (pp. 83–90). Berlin / Eugene / Shrewsbury: Peter Lehmann Publishing. ISBN 978-0-9545428-1-8 (UK), ISBN 978-0-9788399-1-8 (USA). E-Book in 2018.
- Depressionen und die Anwendung natürlicher Heilmethoden. In: Peter Lehmann / Peter Stastny (Hg.): Statt Psychiatrie 2, Berlin / Eugene / Shrewsbury: Antipsychiatrieverlag 2007, S. 83–92. ISBN 978-3-925931-38-3 (E-Book 2018)
- "We are inhuman to the mentally ill". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Family and social support can help schizophrenics fight affliction". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Bhargavi Davar - PubMed - NCBI". ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 12 January 2014.