|Publisher||Grosset & Dunlap|
Most titles were published in hardcover with full color dustjackets, but, like other Grosset & Dunlap juvenile series of the era, production costs were cut by dispensing with the dust jackets and featuring full color cover illustrations in their stead. This occurred only with the last three books in the series, and later reprints of the first three.
The series follows Bruce "Biff" Brewster, a well-built, athletic sixteen-year-old who pursues adventure and mystery abroad with his father, Thomas Brewster, a former lieutenant in the United States Navy and, in the series, chief field engineer for the Ajax Mining Company. The series is distinguished for drawing on foreign cultures and exotic locations as backgrounds. The series was published in Norwegian and British editions.
List of titles
- Brazilian Gold Mine Mystery (1960)
- Mystery of the Chinese Ring (1960)
- Hawaiian Sea Hunt Mystery (1960)
- Mystery of the Mexican Treasure (1961)
- African Ivory Mystery (1961)
- Alaska Ghost Glacier Mystery (1961)
- Mystery of the Ambush in India (1962)
- Mystery of the Caribbean Pearls (1962)
- Egyptian Scarab Mystery (1963)
- Mystery of the Tibetan Caravan (1963)
- British Spy Ring Mystery (1964)
- Mystery of the Arabian Stallion (1964)
- Mystery of the Alpine Pass (1965)
List of characters
- Biff Brewster: Leading protagonist
- Biff Brewster at The Series Bookcase
- Axe, John. All About Collecting Boys' Series Books. Hobby House Press, Inc., 2002.
|This article about a character in children's literature is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|