Bill Keating (American football)
|No. 61, 72|
|Position:||Defensive tackle, Guard|
|Date of birth:||November 22, 1944|
|Place of birth:||Chicago, Illinois|
|Date of death:||January 1, 2015(aged 70)|
|Place of death:||Denver, Colorado|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||St. Patrick High School|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
William Lawrence Keating (November 22, 1944 – January 1, 2015) was an American trial attorney and American football player. He played college football for the University of Michigan and professional football for the Denver Broncos and Miami Dolphins during the 1960s.
University of Michigan
Keating played college football as a guard for the University of Michigan from 1963 to 1965. He helped lead the 1964 Michigan Wolverines football team to the Big Ten Championship and a victory in the 1965 Rose Bowl.
Keating played two seasons of professional football as a defensive tackle and guard for the Denver Broncos (1966–1967) and Miami Dolphins (1967), appearing in 22 AFL or NFL games. He signed with the Broncos as a free agent in June 1966. He was signed by the Dolphins after he was put on waivers by the Broncos in October 1967. The Dolphins placed him on waivers at the end of November 1967.
After retiring from football, Keating attended the University of Denver College of Law, receiving his J.D. degree in 1971. He was a founding partner of the Colorado law firm of Fogel, Keating, Wagner, Polidori Shaffner. He was a trial lawyer specializing in plaintiffs' personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He was a fellow in the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the American Academy of Trial Lawyers. He was president of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association from 1991 to 1992.
- "Prominent Colorado attorney and former Bronco Bill Keating dies at 70".
- "University of Michigan All-time Rosters Search Page". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.(Enter Keating as the last name and William as the first name on the search page, and press enter)
- Roy Damer (August 25, 1965). "Wolverine Guard Tells of Incentive". Chicago Tribune.
- "Timberlake Only Part of Story: Five Key Men". Christian Science Monitor. December 8, 1964.("The two defensive linemen who came through for the Wolverines are junior guard Bill Keating and senior tackle Arnie Simkus.")
- "Bill Keating". pro-football-reference.com.
- "Grid Broncos Get Two Free Agents". The Spokesman-Reviewt. June 9, 1966.
- "Transactions". The Los Angeles Times. October 27, 1967.
- "Dolphs Waiver Tackle Keating". Ocala Star-Banner. November 29, 1967.
- "William L. Keating Bio". Fogel, Keating, Wagner, Polidori Shaffner.