Bing (Chinese surname)
Bing is the Mandarin pinyin romanization of the Chinese surname written 邴 in Chinese character. It is romanized Ping in Wade–Giles. Bing is listed 214th in the Song dynasty classic text Hundred Family Surnames. It is not among the 300 most common surnames in China.
During the Spring and Autumn period (771–476 BC), a government minister of the State of Qi (in modern-day Shandong province) was enfeoffed at the settlement of Bing. He and his descendants adopted Bing as their surname.
- Bing Ji (邴吉; died 55 AD), Han dynasty chancellor
- Bing Yuan (邴原), Eastern Han politician
- Bing Zhigang (邴志刚; born 1957), Vice-Governor of Liaoning province
- "百家姓" [Hundred Family Surnames] (in Chinese). Guoxue. Retrieved 2014-09-16.
- 中国最新300大姓排名（2008） [300 most common surnames in China (2008)] (in Chinese). Taiwan.cn. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2014-09-24.
- "齐国姜氏后裔考略". Docin. Retrieved 25 September 2014.