From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Arab clothing, see Bisht (clothing).
Bisht (also spelled as Bist or Bista) is a surname native to the Indian state of Uttarakhand and West zone of Nepal. In India, the term "Bisht" originally referred to someone who held a land grant.
- Ajay Singh Bisht, better known as Yogi Adityanath; Indian politician and Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Barkha Bisht Sengupta (born 1979), Indian television actress
- Ekta Bisht, Indian cricket player
- H. C. S. Bisht, vice admiral of the Indian Navy
- Madhumita Bisht (born 1964), Indian badminton player
- Mohan Singh Bisht (born 1957), Indian politician
- Puneet Bisht (born 1986), Indian cricketer
- Ravindra Singh Bisht, Indian archaeologist
- Ranbir Singh Bisht (1928–1998), Indian painter
- Shruti Bisht, Indian film and television actress
- Kirti Nidhi Bista, Nepali politician
- Dor Bahadur Bista, Nepali anthropologist
- Ramila Bisht (2002). Environmental Health in Garhwal Himalaya: A Study of Pauri Garhwal. Indus Publishing. p. 50. ISBN 978-81-7387-132-0.