|Birth name||Bjarne Bent Rønne Pedersen|
|Also known as||Liller|
|Born||25 September 1935|
|Died||6 September 1993(aged 57)|
|Genres||Dixieland, jazz, pop music|
|Associated acts||Viking Jazz Band|
Bjarne Bent Rønne Pedersen, known as Bjarne Liller (25 September 1935 – 6 September 1993), was a Danish jazz musician and singer-songwriter.
Liller was born on Vesterbro, Copenhagen. He got his breakthrough as a banjo player and singer in Papa Bue's Viking Jazz Band. He played with the Viking Jazz Band from 1956 to 1970, and again from 1976 to 1979, and made around 30 records with the band. He was also a successful solo artist, mainly in the pop music genre. He worked with John Mogensen, and got a gold record for selling 100,000 copies of his solo pop hit "Billet mrk./Ensom dame 40 år". He finished second at the 1979 Dansk Melodi Grand Prix, singing the duet "Alt er skønt" with Grethe Ingmann. Liller received a silver record for 25,000 copies sold of each of his two albums "Man kan ikke gøre for, at man har charme" (1975) and "Livet er skønt" (1976).
He appeared in three Danish films; as a singer in "Thorvald og Linda" (1982), and in minor roles in Erik Clausen's films "Den store badedag" (1991) and "De frigjorte" (1993). Liller credited Kim Larsen and Erik Clausen for re-igniting his passion for music during the last years of his life. He was active until his death in September 1993. A sold-out benefit concert was held by his former jazz colleagues at the Tivoli Gardens later that month.
- Bjarne Liller at Gravsted.dk
- "DØDSFALD: Bjarne Liller Pedersen, musiker", Politiken, 8 September 1993.
- "NEKROLOGER: Sangeren og jazz-musikeren Bjarne »Liller « Pedersen, 57", Weekendavisen, 10 September 1993.
- "Alt er skønt" m. Grethe Ingmann og Bjarne 'Liller' Petersen (video)[permanent dead link] at Danmarks Radio
- BJARNE LILLER at Danish Film Institute
- Marie Louise Schrøder, "Liller død af lunge-kræft", Ekstra Bladet, 8 September 1993.
- "Nekrolog: En tone af livet på godt og ondt", Berlingske Tidende, 8 September 1993.
- Anders-Bo Larsen, "FULDT HUS TIL LILLERS MINDEKONCERT", B.T., 17 September 1993.