BlackSpider Technologies Limited
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
BlackSpider Technologies Limited was a British software company founded in 2002 and subsequently acquired by SurfControl in July 2006.
In January 2004 Casenove Private Equity invested £4.6m ($6.6m) in the business, allowing the organisation to grow into the French and German markets.
In July 2006 SurfControl, a UK listed PLC, acquired BlackSpider for £19.5m in cash.
At the point of acquisition BlackSpider had £4m in revenues, an operating loss of £3.1m and over 1,200 customers.
Following the acquisition of SurfControl by Websense, the original BlackSpider Management Team, including John Cheney, left to found Workbooks.com, a provider of web-based CRM software for small businesses.
- "Bloomberg Business Week". Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Ruth Bojer (7 January 2004). "BlackSpider secures €6.6 million investment". Tornado Insider. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- John Leyden (23 July 2006). "SurfControl Snaps Up Blackspider". The Register. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Will Sturgeon (13 July 2006). "SurfControl Catches Blackspider". Silicon.com. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Websense Completes Acquisition of SurfControl". Websense. 3 October 2007. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Workbooks.com Management Team". Workbooks.com. Retrieved 25 August 2010.
- "Hosted Email Security". Websense. Retrieved 22 August 2010.