From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blackie may refer to:
- Blackie (surname)
- Blackie (nickname), including people and fictional characters nicknamed either Blackie or Blacky
- Blackie Ko (1953–2003), Taiwanese film director, producer, stuntman and actor
- Blackie Lawless (born 1956), American singer
- Blackie (rapper), American rapper
- Blackie Parrish, on the soap opera General Hospital
- Blackie Gallagher, a main character in the 1934 film Manhattan Melodrama, played by Mickey Rooney as a boy and Clark Gable as an adult
- Blackie (bird), Common Blackbird in Scottish English
- Blackie (guitar), Eric Clapton's favorite Fender Stratocaster guitar
- Blackie (horse), a Californian horse who became a local mascot
- Blackie, Alberta, a hamlet in Canada
- Blackie Lake, a lake in California
- South African "Blackie" 0-4-2WT, a railroad locomotive
- Blackie is also used as a racial term to insult African American, Black British, or another people of African descent.
- Blackie, for (at least) the last 40 years, has been used as an innocent nickname for the British Army's aero-mechanical engineers. Although it has been used universally without malice or intent to cause offence, the term 'blackie' has now become subject to "political correctness" and the wanton disregard for tradition. The nickname (it has been decided) may be misconstrued to be derogatory or a racist reference and will no longer be tolerated.
- Boston Blackie, a fictional character created by author Jack Boyle
- Blackie and Son Limited, a former Glasgow-based publishing house
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Blackie.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.