|Genres||Melodic death metal|
|Labels||Earache, currently unsigned|
Blo.Torch is a melodic death metal band from The Hague, Netherlands. Freely mixing genres, their style has also been described as black metal. Formed by Marvin Vriesde in 1996, they got their big break nationally when they won a prestigious regional talent competition, The Grote Prijs van Zuid-Holland 2004. Currently unsigned, they had been signed with Earache Records, and have released two full-length albums.
Founding members are Hassan Moechtar and Marvin Vriesde, who were quickly joined by Sander Koole (formerly with Cypher). After a demo, they recorded an eponymous album, which was picked up by Wicked World, a sublabel of Earache Records, who signed the band in 2000. Quickly, however, the band complained about lack of support, and recorded and released the follow-up, Volatile, independently. Since recording that album, the band has played smaller festivals and venues in the Netherlands.
In July 2005, Vriesde left the band (he is also active in Dew-Scented) and was replaced by Rory Hansen, formerly of Bagga Bownz. The band's website announced in 2006 that Sander Koole, longtime bassist for the band, left to pursue other musical interests. Since 7 October 2006, the band's website has not been updated.
- Hassan Moechtar - guitar
- Rory Hansen - guitar
- Pascal Rappailles - drums
- Chris van der Valk - vocals
- Sander Koole - bass
- John - Drums
- Michel de Wilde - vocals
- Marvin Vriesde - guitar
- The Plot Sickens... (Demo, 1997)
- Blo.Torch (Album, Wicked World/Earache, 1999)
- Demo 2001 (Demo, 2001)
- Plan B (Promo CD, 2002)
- Volatile (Album, 2004)
- "Luistersessie met Adam Bomb", on VPRO3voor12.
- "Veel collegialiteit, hoog niveau, en een goede sfeer:Finale Grote Prijs van Zuid-Holland", on VPRO3voor12.
- "Blo.Torch keert terug aan het metaalfront", on VPRO3voor12.
- "Een zinderend Metropolis 2005", on VPRO3voor12.
- "Rory Hansen vervangt Marvin in Blo.Torch", on VPRO3voor12.