Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up blower in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Blower may refer to:
- USS Blower (SS-325), a submarine of the United States Navy
- a ducted centrifugal fan, especially when used in a heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning system
- a supercharger on an internal-combustion engine
- a device to increase the draught of a locomotive (see blastpipe)
- the telephone, for which the blower is a slang term, especially in the United Kingdom. The slang came from the Royal Naval ships prior to telephones. Communication was direct, through a voice pipe. The pipe had a whistle inserted at each end. When a message was to be passed, the caller would remove the whistle at his end, place his mouth into the cavity, sealing it. He would then blow hard. The whistle at the other end would attract the man on watch. He would remove his whistle and call into the pipe. Conversations over, both whistles were replaced.
- Party blower a device for making noises at a party.
- Leaf blower, a gardening tool
- Heterodon platirhinos, a.k.a. the eastern hog-nosed snake, found in North America
- Blower (surname)
- Henry Blofeld (born 1939), British sports journalist nicknamed "Blowers"
- a braggart, or loud talker. [Slang] --Bartlett. [1913 Webster]
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Blower.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.